Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Me As A Mom...

...Every day I am amazed by the personal miracle that is my baby. She is growing so quickly and is developing such an individual personality that I am in awe of her progress. I know that all parents are partial to their own child, but I believe that it is okay to be biased. I often feel insecure about my capabilities as a mother and I wonder if I am making the right decisions when raising her. It really is such a big responsibility, raising a child, knowing that every action you make in front of that child may have some kind of impact on who they become in the future, it is a little overwhelming at times. I ponder over every choice and in the back of my mind I am always thinking about how it is going to help or hinder her development. Sometimes I feel like I am worrying too much, thinking too much into things, but then I think about what would happen if that one decision I decided to be relaxed on was the one decision that impacted her life and meant the difference between her success or her becoming a victim of circumstance. I am responsible for everything that my baby sees, hears, feels, and is exposed to. That is a lot of responsibility for anyone.So I second guess myself on everything and I always feel like I am under scrutiny by every person around me when I am with my daughter. I try to be extra careful with every decision or action that involves my baby. Some people judge me and call me crazy, but I look at it like this...there are thousands of parents out there that don't have the time or will to pay that much attention to their children and how they are affected by the actions they make as parents. I consider my child one of the luckier ones that doesn't have to deal with that and she is happy, and healthy, and learning more everyday. So judge me if you want to, but in the end, when it is all said and done and my child has grown I will be able to say that me and her father as parents raised her well and we earned our right to call ourselves parents...

1 comment: